Description of job position
- Setting tables, placing silverware, plates, glasses, and placemats.
- Welcoming and seating guests based on the current available capacity.
- Providing advice when customers are selecting meals and beverages.
- Taking orders from customers.
- Serving ordered meals and beverages and occasionally performing the finishing touches for meals at the table.
- Accepting and turning over claims to a responsible staff member.
- Collecting payment and outstanding amounts in local and foreign currencies or via a payment card.
- Removing used silverware, plates, and glasses from tables.
- Taking reservations for tables.
The most common career path of an employee
The graphic shows how employees most often progress in their careers. Click on the name of the position to get to its detail with salary data.
Position Waiter - Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business in the labour market
The job position is
in the salary ranking on
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Textile, Leather, Apparel Industry
1,377 - 2,455 USD
Medicine & Social Care
1,952 - 2,901 USD
Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
1,865 - 3,009 USD
1,663 - 3,291 USD
Chief Executive Officer
6,414 - 21,450 USD
Is this salary range too huge?
You can find out the average salary in your region by filling out a short questionnaireCompare your salary with others.